Thursday, June 28, 2007

I hang my head

1-3 at the club. AGAIN. And once again it was after going 0-3 and then getting matched up against a completely clueless opponent who let me play jed, ini, ni and all manner of phonies to rack up enough points to erase the 100+ point spanking my third opponent delivered.
IMG_1343

Although, come on, if you're using a blank and an s for 27 points you've got no business playing me in Scrabble.

In my defense, there weren't that many players tonight, so I ended up matched with at least one expert. And he owned me. Dawn for sale. Dawn for sale. Dawn for sale.
IMG_1342
I mean come on haed? Apod? What's that an analog ipod. Pout.
At the end of the game he suggested that I go give the dictionary a looksee.

The most interesting games though were my first two. I was matched with people who were actually my level. The first game ended 333 to 333 and then she discovered that she forgot to count 20 points for herself and I lost. I found a cool bingo of supines, which she almost challenged...but decided to just bingo back instead with airiest.
IMG_1340
At the end of the game, she pointed out that instead of playing afar for like 8 points or something stupid, I should have hooked it on waited to play awaited. This is the second time in my short Scrabble career that I have missed this easy hook. By gum, there shant be a third. BY GUM.
She was nice and said that I made her heart go "ba boom" the whole game...the sound of an inferior player almost winning, I guess.
My second game was with a woman I had beaten before. The tiles fell evenly, but I became obsessed with completing my satire bingo, that I didn't take advantage of her many single digit point turns in a row.
I lost in a squeaker when she played the j on a double letter score going both ways in the second to last round of the game.
IMG_1341

But. The very very very worstest most humiliating part of it all...
The director of the club comes up to me and says "You're taking a picture of the board? Did you see someone do that this weekend in Philadelphia?"
I was taken ABACK.
"Huh? What?"
"Why'd you go and play a rated tournament so soon?"
Good. God.
EVERYONE KNEW.
AND THEY KNEW HOW I DID AND WHAT MY RATING WAS...I didn't even know that.
Until tonight.
:(

5 comments:

Ugarles said...

so... what is your rating?

Dawn Summers said...

:(

Ugarles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ugarles said...

Don't make me call the Scrabble club.

Ugarles said...

Nevermind. I've done the legwork.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.