Friday, August 10, 2007

Conversation of the Day (Dawn)

I missed the Scrabble club for the first time since I ran screaming in fear two months ago, because into every life a little surgery must fall, but here's a funny Scrabulous story.

I started a game with Alceste in which crushed him by hundreds of points, he then started a game with me. He opened with the word 'Tex' I had a very craptacular rack, so I tried to play off my ug and g to make gut or tug or xu. But all these words were rejected as invalid. So I emailed him to say that Scrabulous wasn't working, but I'd make my play as soon as I figured out what was wrong. He replied
"ok, just so you know we're playing with the French dictionary. It was the only way to level the playing field."
I laughed.
And then proceeded to bingo on him in French five times. And beat him by 400 points.

So yesterday we had this conversation:

Alceste: Speaking of which, now that it's over, can you please tell me how exactly you pulled off the french game? :)
Me: hahhaahaha...i traveled through time, learned french, played years of scrabble against a film student named francoise and then came back to 2007 to demolish you.
Alceste:well done then

1 comment:

madbrooklyn said...

Too funny! We're definitely playing with an Irish dictionary if I ever get on FB. I can't wait for you to go back in time and learn the language.

: )

And surgery? I hope everything went well.

Mary