Monday, August 20, 2007

Coz we all like to Scrab

I think I have 14 Scrabulous games going right now. Including my personal nightmare, a three person game where I can't play phonies. I am getting my ass kicked. I hate regular games so much.
The word mun has been played on me three times in the last two days. I challenged it the first time. Doh.

Of course, as awesome as online Scrabble has been, nothing beats actual tiles. I played Scrabble with some people from the club tonight and won two out of three games. Ugh I played the phony tearies AGAIN cause I couldn't remember what word was there. Seriate. Aeriest. Idiot. Maybe that'll help me remember. I did manage to bingo with zaniest with the z on the triple letter AND Heating where I hooked the h onto fe and the e onto ar. It was beautiful. My opponent plum lost his mind when I played zaniest and decided to exchange four tiles three times in a row. I crushed him something like 478 to 242. And then I got him to challenge limn! My favorite akeelah and the bee word. He lost the challenge and gave up.
We like crushing people.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

zaniest is cool..zeatins is cooler.

Dawn Summers said...

zeatins didnt fit. I hooked onto jet. I did play acetins against his wife and she challenged it. I then drew the h and j and was able to use the triple line acetins opened to make haji. Cost her the game.

Alceste said...

i don't think you're getting your ass kicked so much as we're getting hit by the tiles -- and thanks for the whole rearrange your tiles to form suffixes blog tip from a couple of weeks ago -- once again, everything I've learned about scrabble I learned from Scrabble on the Brain :)

Dawn Summers said...

Dammit. This must be how Fisch feels.

Alceste said...

There's a long way to go for that I think -- still no way I can win in a challenge game -- the fact that I play "satan" and it gets rejected rather than challenged by one you keeps me afloat