Sunday, August 12, 2007

I love English

So the single biggest non-memorization based technique that helped my Scrabble game was learning to put the letters on your rack in predictable order based on knowledge of the English language. ees and ars together, us preceded by the other vowels, ing clumped together at the end. In this way, and I guess it's been a gift and a curse, I am now the self-proclaimed bingo master. Sometimes my words are fake...but sometimes, just sometimes I play valid bingos of words I've never seen before. So it was tonight when I played spelter on the triple because I needed to start with the s...my opponent challenged and I was like dang. But woo hoo...spelter is evidently some kind of metal! Grin. I am becoming addicted to the internet scrabble club.

3 comments:

peacecorn said...

Everything I know about scrabble, I learned (am learning) from you!

Dawn Summers said...

uh oh, then I heartily apologize. :)

Alceste said...

just wait til you play a word you remember dawn playing and then dawn successfully challenges it -- ahh (or "aah" I suppose), fun with phonies...