Thursday, January 1, 2009

More Albany

Well, I am on yet ANOTHER hours long break. I hate to say it, but this is the worst run Scrabble tournament I have ever played in. I understand they had some problems with the weather, but the lulls between games is ridiculous. Yesterday's session started at like 2 and ended AT SIX! WITH AN HOUR LONG BREAK. COME ON! Frankly, the last two days have pretty much been wasted time, which equals wasted money on hotel room fees...although I did get tonight FREE because they didn't give the wakeup call I asked for. So, that's a win. Other than that I'm at 3-5. Two wins by byes. Not good. I can't say that I'm playing badly, though my first game today I opened up a bingo lane late in the game by playing crud which I didn't know could be pluralized, so I gave up a bingo and lost a challenge, after leading pretty handily the whole game, it was a sucky loss. Then I had the bye because a player is sick and then I just lost to this man...I dunno maybe I wasted two or three turns fishing, which was no good...plus I let him play gheer cause I figured it was some weird hook that I didn't know. Turns out he though the G was a C. Ap-cray! And now I'm on break for TWO more hours. SO retarded.
I don't think I'd do this one again. But we'll see how the rest of the day goes.

No comments: