Thursday, January 1, 2009

Yay!

Another win, this one also very close, although I jumped out to a huge lead early, Nancy who I play with all the time, managed to bingo to get back in the game. I had an almost perfect rack entriei, so I started fishing a bit to try to complete my bingo, so she caught up with her twenty plus points a turn compared to my one or two a turn. Finally I got the bingo entries, but it didn't play, I needed a word that started with ess, but I took a shot and played a stirene, Nancy challenged it and it was no good. She took the spot and bingoed with sculled! Using her second blank of the game (my last three opponents all got both blanks) I thought about challenging sculled, but I was only down by thirteen at that point and had a feeling sculled might be good so I let it go! (Whew, it's good.) I opened up lanes for myself, but she kept shutting them down, finally with one tile left in the bag I drew sanieri I knew there was a bingo there but couldn't remember what it was, again I had a lot of time left, so I shuffled my FINGERS off till I found it. Then for a place to play it, the only open lane was above rooks, but I didn't have a cee, so I contemplated trying to get away with srooks (what? If fricking smaze is good!) But then I saw the word cons right below the triple line!! I played senarii/icons! And won! Whew!
THREE WINS IN A ROW NOW!!
Tile God was merciful and I got both blanks And in Two separate turns! The first was tinniest playing off a t he dangled above the triple word square and the second was a tricky play with saline? Which had to fit its last two or two letters alongside quest so it very specifically needed to end in ins or its or ist something like that...it took a looong time, but I found it! Hee.

2 comments:

Alceste said...

How'd you finish?

And why did you go to Albany for the New Year?

Dawn Summers said...

I think I was 8-8, but according to everyone my math is wrong because that would mean that now I am 11-13 and the tournament would be over.